Adina in Vienna

A fabulous journey of Enlightenment thought, art and architecture, music, philosophy and travel through Europe with your favorite Humanities teacher! Fun for all ages!

Monday, July 03, 2006


Prague Epilogue

Imagine waking up around 5:30 (after staying up very late indeed the night before) but not feeling tired. Everything is completely quiet and you go out for a run through the narrow winding cobblestone streets. After about a mile you come to the river and run across the almost deserted Charles Bridge, on the way up to the Hrad (castle), with the sun coming up over the water. That’s how I started my day this morning, then went back for breakfast and strategizing how to spend my last hours in Prague.

It wasn’t hard to decide. We spent all morning in the Jewish quarter, looking at the ancient cemetery (yes, I took a ton of photos), the drawings by the children of Terezin, the 80,000 names of Holocaust victims on the walls of one of the synagogues.

After a relaxed lunch, I just had time to climb the town hall tower and look down at all the places I had visited on my trip. I was amazed at how much looked familiar to me after only two and a half days, but that was definitely because of the guide I had been privileged to have the entire time. I spent the bus ride “home” to Vienna sleeping and comparing notes on the visit with my pals, whom I had barely seen all weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home